In response to the false allegations against Popular Front of India, the organization conducted Grand
Conferences in important cities of the country. One such Grand Conference was conducted at Rani Rasmoni Avenue, Kolkata, West Bengal on 1st November, 2017. The conference was presided over by Popular Front West Bengal President Muhammad Shahabuddin. Popular Front WB State General Secretary Dr. Md. Minarul Shaikh delivered the inaugural speech. Several prominent leaders representing different socio-political organizations, rights activists addressed the gathering. The conference was preceded by a massive rally which was started from Ramlila Park and ended at program venue Rani Rasmoni Avenue. Organization flag was hoisted just before the starting of the conference with national song Sare Jaha se Acchha.
Here is the list of dignitaries who addressed the conference:
1. Md Ali Jinnah, General Secretary, Popular Front of India
2. Abdul Wahid Sheth, Secretary, Popular Front of India
3. Intaj Ali Shah, Former Judge and Ex-Chairman Minority Commission, Govt. of WB
4. Quri Fazlur Rahman, Imam-e- Eidain, Red Road, Kolkata
5. Sujata Vadro, Prominent Human Right Activist, President Bandi Mukti Committee
6. Sukriti Ranjan Biswas, President, Samya Shanti Samprity manch
7. Uzama Alam, Member, Muslim Personal Law Board
8. Tayeedul Islam, President, SDPI, West Bengal
9. Amitabha Dutta, President, JDU, West Bengal State Committee
10. Muhammad Kamruzzaman, General Secretary, All Bengal Minority Yuba Federation 11. Sukhnendar Sing Ahluwalia, General Secretary, Bhabna Manch
11. Abdullahil Maroof, National General Secretary, Biswa Manab Kolyan Islamic Society
12. Arun Majhi, Advocate, Supreme Court
13. Maulana Abu Taleb Rahmani, Member, Muslim Personal Law Board
14. Shaktipuda Badyakar,
15. Suresh Byne, member, Gano Adhikar Manch
Participants: Approximately 7,000 people participated in the conference.
Media Coverage: The Event was published in Urdu and Bengali News Papers. Kolam (Bengal daily) Dindorpan(Bengali Daily), Natun Gati (Bengali Weekly), Halate Bengal (Urdu Weekly), Akhbare Mashreq, (Urdu Daily), Rashtriya Sahara (Urdu daily), Awami News (Urdu daily), Waqar-e-Alam (Urdu Weekly). The news was published with photos of the conference. The conference was broadcasted on live.
Muhammad Asadullah, State VP Popular Front West Bengal thanked the guests, speakers, participants, volunteers, the police department, the media persons and others who helped in organizing the conference by all means. The conference concluded with the organizational song.